YIELD: 2 loaves
1 bag Farm to Freezer Summer Squash, defrosted
¾ cup Greek yogurt
1 ½ cups sugar
¾ cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups flour, sifted
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
¼ teaspoon ground cloves
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1 cup golden raisins (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease bottoms of two 9×5 loaf pans.
- Pulse entire contents of Farm to Freezer Summer Squash bag (squash and liquid) in food processor, or chop finely by hand (reserve liquid).
- In a large bowl, cream together the sugar and yogurt. Blend in the oil until thoroughly mixed.
- Stir in the chopped squash (and reserved squash liquid, if chopped by hand) and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl mix together sifted flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
- Add the dry ingredients to wet ingredients, a third at a time, stirring after each incorporation.
- Fold in the nuts and raisins, if using.
Divide the batter equally between the loaf pans. Bake for 60-75 minutes (check for doneness at 55 minutes) or until a wooden pick inserted in to the center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes. Turn out onto wire racks to cool thoroughly.