1 cup coarsely ground fresh breadcrumbs
1/3 cup grated Parmesan
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper
1 Tbs. olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
2 medium tomatoes, roughly chopped
1 bag Farm to Freezer Summer Squash, defrosted and drained well
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F
- Prepare topping – mix together breadcrumbs, grated parmesan, olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add onions and sauté, stirring frequently, until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and thyme, saute until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add rough chopped tomato, raise heat slightly and cook until juices are bubbling, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add drained squash to pan, season with salt and pepper, and cook another 2-3 minutes.
- Top with breadcrumb and parmesan topping mixture. Bake at 350°F until breadcrumbs are golden brown, 20-25 minutes.