By: Kelley Robertson
4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
16 oz. Farm to Freezer Roasted Peppers, chopped
16 oz. Farm to Freezer Tomato Sauce
1½ tbs. garlic, minced
1 tbs. olive oil
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. black pepper
2 tbs. fresh basil, minced
4 oz. goat cheese, crumbled (feta cheese crumbled can be substituted)
2 cups Italian style bread crumbs
2 eggs, beaten with 1T water
All-purpose flour for dipping
Non-stick pan spray
Salt, pepper, and garlic powder to season to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a small bowl combine salt, roasted peppers, basil, olive oil, goat cheese (or feta), and fresh garlic and mix together. Set aside.
- Cut into the side of the chicken breast, creating a pocket the length of the breast, careful not to cut completely through. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Stuff the cheese mixture into the chicken pocket.
- Create a three step dipping process, by dipping the chicken into flour, then egg mixture, then roll in bread crumbs.
- Bake chicken on a baking pan with non-stick pan spray for 40-45 minutes at 350 degrees.
- In a separate pot, heat tomato sauce and serve over chicken.
Serve chicken over pasta and top with remaining cheese mixture.